Wednesday, April 8, 2009

India is my country, All Indians are .....

The Mangalore Carnage



A stupid group of people, apparently published and distributed material degrading Hindu gods and practices. An act, that the "Other" group calls "An attempt at forceful conversion of Hindus to Christianity". So whats the result? A bunch of nutheads, morons belonging to the group Bajrang Dal, vandalizes about 20 churches in Mangalore. Brilliant, just what the politicians wanted. The Christians retaliate... And there enters the police, all mighty, tear gas, lathis, world war II rifles wearing stupid helmets and beating the blood out of every christian on site. People did not stop there, they went around stabbing and killing each other... This is the great society that we are building. This is the legacy we want to leave behind for our children to build upon. 50 years down the line I wouldnt be surprised if we have a Talibanized form of government in every nook and corner of India!

The Chennia Law-less School Incident

The Chennai Law-less school Incident



Oct 30th was Mr. Devar’s anniversary,as a result the Devar caste students of Ambedkar law college published and printed posters and stuck them to all corners of the city.In that poster Mr Devar’s photo was present and a few lines hailing him were present.Below a small note contained wishes by the Ambedkar college Devar caste students’ wishes (WITHOUT ANY PICTURE OR ANY QUOTE OF MR.AMBEDKAR).As a result the SC students of that college were humiliated and targeted the Devar caste students.The action plan was planned in the morning and carried out in the evening.All the students involved were boozed leading to aN UNCONTROLLABLE HAVOC.Also the previous enemity behind the two groups made the issue more heated and led to a fierce clash between the students of the 2 castes.The students who finished the exams were targeted and those who came to rescue was not spared too!!!!You cant see how the students cried for help and how the attack was brutal. And what did the mighty police do? Looked on, spoke on their cell phones, looking at that kid being murdered!


Is this what we have become? A country ruled by thugs, criminals, religious bigots and senseless casteists?? Where is my secular nation? The one that I was taught about in glorious words in school? What is the history we leave behind for our grand children (Hoping that they still get to see India as a whole)?

Caste based violence, Religion based violence.. all for political motives and these ignorant bastards fall for it? I have taken a pledge in my school, every single day in the assembly I have said

India is my country.
All Indians are my brothers and sisters.
I love my country, and I am proud of its rich and varied heritage.
I shall always strive to be worthy of it.
I shall give my parents, teachers and all elders respect
and treat everyone with courtesy.
To my country and my people, I pledge my devotion. In their well-being and
prosperity alone lies my happiness."

Do people even know what they are saying anymore? Where is my country India? It is now divided into sub groups to caste controlled regions. Where is it? Who are my brothers and sisters? These vandals, thugs and criminals? Is this the Rich and Varied heritage I should be proud of? Is this the way I should be striving to be worthy of it? My parents, teachers, elders!! Are they getting that respect? Will the kids of these glorious arseholes give that respect to them? Courtesy?? What courtesy? There is no devotion to the country and its people, the well being of my country, the prosperity of my country is not their goal.

Religion was supposed to bring people together. Faith in the lord, a common god. Where is my country? I have lived outside India for 5 years, everyday I think about my parents back home, my friends back home.. I take pride in talking about our culture, our heritage, I dream of a day when I will like to be back. This country is not mine, India is mine, but is this where I am going back to? Where I will be welcome if I am of a certain Religion? If I get a job if I belong to a certain caste? My children will be able to study in a school and go to college on the merit of their educational achievements or the Tag of a caste they belong to? Where is My INDIA??

The country I call India is secular. It is not the effin property of a religion or a caste. The long gone leaders who laid their lives for the country did not do it for this. Remember, "History is not only to teach you where you come from, but also to learn the lessons for a future".

India is my country, your country... WE ARE INDIANS!!

No comments: